I love to organize, absolutely love it. I hate to clean the kitchen and wash dishes, but I love to organize. Part of organizing means that everything has a place and since I am frugal by nature, I tend to reuse items until they fall apart. So while cooking in the kitchen, I laid my eye upon some containers and brain bolt!
Spray paint + cheap items = modern organization decor items
I scavenged around the house for containers, anything and everything made it into my pile.
My Final Score
- Heavy paper boxes from a clearance center, they’re Christmas items, but at $1 for 6, they are a lot cheaper than their non-Christmas alternatives.
- Tins hanging in the kitchen from Christmas cookies
- Empty litter containers (not litter boxes, but the boxes litter comes in)
- Cans from veggies/fruit
- Glass jars from food stuffs
- Plastic fruit containers (the kinds that strawberries come in)
MY MISSION: Create cute chic decor boxes to store items in.
MY TOOLS: My trusty spray paint in various colors, wrapping paper, decorative scrapbook paper, trims like ribbons and such.
- Clean containers of any foodstuff, litter, and stubborn labels.
- Cut any holes if you need to.
- Spray paint or cover the boxes/tins with fabric/paper
- Optional: Add decorative embellishments such as painted stencils, ribbons, glitter, etc.
- Add items to the containers.
- Put items on various surfaces around the home.
- Admire your handiwork and your beautiful organization containers on the cheap/free.