So freezer cooking is a concept where you prepare all the meals and then freeze then. It usually requires one full day of cooking. I’ve done variations of this in the past and the biggest hurdle for me is the clean-up. However, I want to try it again-this time including breakfast for me; lunches for hubby and I; and of course dinner for hubby and I. Instead of a month’s work of meals, I’ll just do two weeks of meals.
The steps seem easy enough.
- Decide what to cook. Plan around what’s on sale or what’s on hand.
- Gather recipes.
- Cook! Broken down into preperation, cooking, assembling and freezing.
Since I’m still dealing with just me, I decided to experiment with two weeks worth of solo meals.
1. Decide what to cook. A quick look in the freezer pantry provided some clues of what needed to be cooked and fast.
- Winter Squash
2. Gather recipes
- Szechwan Shrimp with Brown Rice
- Honey Ginger Shrimp with California Vegetables
- Potatoes and Shrimp
- Marinated Sirloin Steak with California Vegetables
- Garlicky Crab with Pasta
- Bourbon Chicken with Brown Rice
- Lentils and Bacon
- Squash Soup
- Spaghetti Squash with Garlic
3. Shop. No shopping needed, I have everything I need.
- Thaw meats
- Print recipes
- Pre-chop as needed
- Cook & Freeze