Finally sat down and made some concrete plans about this freezer meal thing. Actually, I made one week of plans. Pizza Wednesday is because instead of $5, pizza is on sale for $3, a great day for pizza, don’t you think?
I put some of my own recipes in the menu plan, but otherwise used supercooks for some recipes.
Tomato Brie Bow Tie Pasta
|1/2 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes||1/4 pound Brie cheese, cubed1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil|
|1.||Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.|
|2.||Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat tomatoes over medium-high heat. Bring to a slow boil and stir in cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir to melt cheese.|
|3.||Toss pasta with tomato sauce and top with chopped basil before serving|
Spaghetti Squash with Garlic
- 2 spaghetti squash (2 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. With a fork, prick squash in several places. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until soft to the touch, about 1 hour.
- When cool enough to handle, halve squash crosswise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Scrape flesh into strands.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant and just starting to color, about 5 minutes. Add squash; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until squash is very hot, about 5 minutes.
|1 tablespoon water1-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
|1/8 teaspoon ground ginger3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sliced green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
3 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
|1.||In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.|
|2.||Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds. Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil. Stir in sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened|
|Honey Ginger Shrimp|
|1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/8 yellow onion, chopped
|1/4 teaspoon ground ginger1/4 teaspoon honey
1/4 pound medium shrimp – peeled and
salt and pepper to taste
|Heat the olive oil and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and honey; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the shrimp, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring as needed, until shrimp are pink and opaque. Serve immediately|
Lentils And Bacon
|1 Pound Lentils6 Cups Water
1 Pound Bacon — chopped
3 Medium Potato — peeled and cubed
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Medium Onion — chopped
2 Tablespoons Parsley — chopped
|combine lentils, water and bacon in saucepan. boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer 45 minutes. add potatoes and simmer 15 more minutes. stir in vinegar and sugar. In saute pan, saute onions and parsley in olive oil, until onions are transparent. stir onions into lentil mixture and serve.|
|L||Steak Burrito with Avocado|
|D||Garlicky Crab and Salted Cod Pasta|
|L||Tomato Brie Bow Tie Pasta|
|D||Szechwan Shrimp and Rice|
|Wednesday||B||Bacon and Eggs|
|L||Steak Lettuce Wraps|
|D||Spaghetti Squash with Garlic|
|Friday||B||Bacon and Eggs|
|L||Lentils & Bacon|
|D||Honey Ginger Shrimp|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with a fork, prick squash in several places. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until soft to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Chop bacon, potatoes, 4 garlic, steak, crab and salted cod, remove shrimp tails
- Add chopped bacon, lentils and water to pot. Boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add 2 servings of pasta, cook, drain.
- Heat 1 can of tomatoes over medium-high heat. Bring to a slow boil and stir in ¼ lb cubed brie cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir to melt cheese. Package sauce.
- Follow honey shrimp recipe, then SS, then lettuce wrap steak. Package.
- Finish spaghetti squash recipe, package
- Finish lentil recipe, package