I love quizzes, so when I heard about Real Simple’s Design Quiz, I had to take it.
My results: Sophisticated Classic
You’re drawn to timeless pieces and luxe materials. You love rooms that offer an elegant blend of refined traditional furniture, jewelry-like accessories, and pale hues, pairing patrician old-world elements with cleaner Art Deco shapes. The look evokes a more formal lifestyle. Think Grace Kelly, Tiffany & Co., and Charlotte from Sex and the City.
The sample room made me gush
Then they broke down the design style even more.
- Delicate furniture pieces with feminine lines and tapered legs.
- A palette of neutrals and soft colors.
- Grand chandeliers.
- Luxurious fabrics, like silk and velvet.
- Rich dark woods with polished veneers.
- Luxe accent materials, including metal, marble, and glass.
- Symmetrical floor plans.
Place I Should Try Shopping At (links included):
As well as some inspiration starters:
- Home: From Concept to Reality, by Kelly Hoppen
So head over there and take the quiz, then come back and share your results.