While browsing naturallycurly.com I came across a neat challenge for winter protective styling. Bad News: Winter is over and so is the challenge. It was from Oct 2009 – Mar 2010. Besides, south Texas doesn’t get a winter.
However it seemed so simple, so alluring. I could do this. Heck, I was already doing this. I am planning on going until Dec 2010 with protective styling. I started in August 2009 and so far so good.
However, in the midst of wearing wigs and braids, I missed my curlies…a lot. This challenge seemed a little bit easier. I could see my curlies…at least occasionally.
So my modified challenge for the next month:
- Protective Styling for at least 5 days a week-Tuesday through Friday.
- Deep treatment once a week with shea butter and jojoba oil-Monday.
- Loose hair for one day a week-Sunday.
I have never really kept track of growth before, so I think I’ll do that this time. However instead of total length, I’ll just measure the change-well, record the change in length here since I will have to know my starting length in order to know the change in length.
Alright, here’s the beginning
- Change in Length: 0 in/ 0 cm
- Protective Style of choice: none yet
- Deep Treatment Option and Time: none yet